2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Towing Capacity
When looking for a comfortable family vehicle with a luxurious interior that can still offer some heavy lifting in the towing department, the 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee makes the cut. Pulling up to 7,200 pounds and a complete range of towing assistance features, it proves a great fit for Mokena residence. Learn more about the towing capabilities of the Jeep Grand Cherokee at Bettenhausen CDJR.
How Much Can the Grand Cherokee Tow?
Four athletic engine choices deliver the power needed for notable towing specs:
- 6.4L HEMI® SRT® V8 Engine: Delivers a monumental 7,200 pounds towing capacity along with 475 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque
- Supercharged 6.2L HEMI® V8 Engine: Pulls up to 7,200 pounds with a monstrous 707 hp and 645 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine: Hauls up to 6,200 pounds towing capacity due to the 295 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 ENGINE: Packs in a 7,200 pounds towing capacity with 360 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque
Jeep Grand Cherokee Technology For Easy Towing
The Jeep Grand Cherokee comes with additional technology to improve your towing experience in Mokena, like:
- Trailer Sway Control: Trailer Sway Control works by adjusting engine throttle while applying brake pressure to alternating wheels simultaneously. These combined adjustments help maintain vehicle and trailer stability.
- Hill Start Assist: With this system, you won’t have to worry about rolling back downhill when parked on an incline. While you move your foot from the brake to the accelerator the Hill Start Assist will hold the brakes for you.
- Hill Descent Control: Navigate hills with ease thanks to this system that automatically applies the brakes when a decline is detected.
- High-performance Brembo Brake Systems: Experience two-piece vented rotors and six-piston front Brembo calipers on the Trailkhawk® and 15-inch front rotors and six-piston calipers on the SRT®.
Get Towing Ready at Bettenhausen CDJR Today
Whether you have your eye on a new or used Jeep Grand Cherokee, you will find both deliver powerful performance. Test drive one today at Bettenhausen CDJR near New Lenox to experience it for yourself. While you’re here, compare the Jeep Grand Cherokee towing capacity with the 2020 Jeep Gladiator towing capacity to see which vehicle will best suit your towing needs.
More Great Information from Bettenhausen CDJR:
The all-new 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer is the newest Jeep SUV on the market near New Lenox and Mokena. Many of our customers ask us, “How much is a Jeep Grand Wagoneer?” Well, it depends on which Jeep Grand Wagoneer trim level you choose to bring home. At Bettenhausen CDJR in Tinley Park, we put together a guide…
Drivers have been wanting Jeep third-row seating for some time, and Jeep delivered! The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L with third-row seating is ideal for families who need additional seating, but aren’t quite interested in going for the Jeep Wagoneer. Below, you can learn more about the new Jeep Grand Cherokee L third-row seating,…
The 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer will be coming soon to the Orland Park streets. The Grand Wagoneer has been an American icon for a long time and when it returns, it’ll provide plenty of the same features that new Jeep vehicles provide but with added flair. It’ll have an updated and modern exterior design with an…